Back in the day, you could normally take a mototaxi from Tarapoto’s Guillermo del Castillo Paredes...Read More
I did the trip along the Tarapoto to Tingo Maria road a few weeks ago (March 2010) and it was fun and free of problems. However, there is good news and potential bad news for anyone thinking of doing the same. The good news...Read More
Tarapoto Airport (officially Aeropuerto Guillermo del Castillo Paredes) is one of 24 or so airports in Peru with regular scheduled flights. It’s located a few kilometres from the town centre. The airport itself is pretty...Read More
There is now an updated post about the Tingo Maria to Tarapoto road. I’ve read a few warnings about the Tarapoto to Tingo Maria route. Lonely Planet (6th Edition) says that the journey “is still dangerous and not...Read More
- Trip Advisor Reviews: Balancing Genuine Feedback and the Questionable Deletion of Reviews Linked to a Tour Guide’s Grave Misdeeds Against Women.
- The 2024’s guide for the Best Time to Visit Machu Picchu
- New Inca Trail Porter’s 2023 law. Everything you need to know.
- Chorrillos and the Freshest Ceviche in Lima
- Day Trip from Lima: The Waterfalls of Huarochirí
- The Peru Overstay Fine in 2022
- Uphill and Down: A Female Porter’s Life on the Inca Trail