Thanks to Gerald for the following post, who wanted to help highlight the good work being done by...Read More
Tag: tarapoto attractions
If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the urban throng, jump in a mototaxi and take the short ride to the expansive grounds of the Natura Viva recreation complex. Located alongside the Rio Ahuashiyaca, about 15 minutes...Read More
I went back to the Petroglyphs of Polish a few days ago. It was a slightly odd experience because the man who looks after the place seemed to be talking nonsense. Previously, the guardian has been shy but informative, even if he...Read More
Tarapoto’s museum isn’t the most sophisticated of places, but it does house an eclectic mix of regional oddities, archaeological finds and random bits and pieces. In fact, the Museo Regional Universidad Nacional de San Martin is...Read More
Lamas, located about 22km away from Tarapoto, is a small town known for its indigenous heritage, cultural significance and historic importance. Now, let me ask you: does this sound like a good place to build a great big replica...Read More
The Petroglyphs of Polish are a little-visited gem just outside Tarapoto, Peru. Discovered in 1966, these rock carvings still remain a bit of a mystery. The site of the petroglyphs has a certain aura about it; 5 large rocks lie...Read More
We went to Cuñumbuque a few days ago, a small town about half an hour away from Tarapoto. The plan was to go swimming in the river before watching the motonauticos. To be honest, I wasn’t too sure what that meant, but it...Read More
- The 10+ Best Inca Trail Tour Operators in Peru in 2024
- Trip Advisor Reviews: Balancing Genuine Feedback and the Questionable Deletion of Reviews Linked to a Tour Guide’s Grave Misdeeds Against Women.
- The 2024’s guide for the Best Time to Visit Machu Picchu
- New Inca Trail Porter’s 2023 law. Everything you need to know.
- Chorrillos and the Freshest Ceviche in Lima
- Day Trip from Lima: The Waterfalls of Huarochirí
- The Peru Overstay Fine in 2022