Tarapoto will celebrate its 232-year anniversary on August 20. As always, there are quite a few...Read More
Tag: tarapoto events
Beauty contests are a big thing in San Martin. It seems like every town and every village, no matter the size, nominates a Miss each year. There’s Miss Tarapoto, Miss Morales, Miss Moyobamba, Miss Tocache, Miss Wherever and so...Read More
If you are planning a trip to Tarapoto in the near future, try to come along between the 15th and 23rd of October for the Amo Amazonia Festival. It looks like it could be quite interesting and, for once, people actually know...Read More
Tarapoto celebrated its 228th anniversary on the 20th of August. The proceedings were a little bit more colourful than the Independence Day march, but there was a notable shortage of carnival floats (only four in total, five if...Read More
Colourful street parades happen every now and then in Tarapoto, but they seem to be organised covertly, springing themselves upon the population without any prior warning. I, at least, rarely seem to know in advance. It’s kind...Read More
- Trip Advisor Reviews: Balancing Genuine Feedback and the Questionable Deletion of Reviews Linked to a Tour Guide’s Grave Misdeeds Against Women.
- The 2024’s guide for the Best Time to Visit Machu Picchu
- New Inca Trail Porter’s 2023 law. Everything you need to know.
- Chorrillos and the Freshest Ceviche in Lima
- Day Trip from Lima: The Waterfalls of Huarochirí
- The Peru Overstay Fine in 2022
- Uphill and Down: A Female Porter’s Life on the Inca Trail