I’ve previously featured some old photos of Tarapoto on this blog, thanks to Vincent Tufano and...Read More
Tag: tarapoto history
The following article is a guest post by Vincent Tufano, a New Yorker with a Doctorate in Political Science who wrote his doctoral dissertation on Peruvian politics. Vincent is the author of Empires of Gold, an action-packed...Read More
The Petroglyphs of Polish are a little-visited gem just outside Tarapoto, Peru. Discovered in 1966, these rock carvings still remain a bit of a mystery. The site of the petroglyphs has a certain aura about it; 5 large rocks lie...Read More
Baltazar Martínez de Compañón was born in Cabredo, Navarra, Spain in 1737. Having become a man of the cloth, he traveled to Lima in his early thirties with the blessings of Charles III. By 1778, he had been appointed Bishop of...Read More
- The 10+ Best Inca Trail Tour Operators in Peru in 2024
- Trip Advisor Reviews: Balancing Genuine Feedback and the Questionable Deletion of Reviews Linked to a Tour Guide’s Grave Misdeeds Against Women.
- The 2024’s guide for the Best Time to Visit Machu Picchu
- New Inca Trail Porter’s 2023 law. Everything you need to know.
- Chorrillos and the Freshest Ceviche in Lima
- Day Trip from Lima: The Waterfalls of Huarochirí
- The Peru Overstay Fine in 2022